On July 1, 2018, the U.S. Pharmacopeial (USP) 800 code change for hazardous drugs (HDs) storage and compounding takes effect. This code change from USP 797 has very specific requirements, including new sterile storage regulations. It’s written to protect all workers, patients and the general public who may be accessing facilities where HDs are prepared. Are you ready?
We can help. For over 30 years, our critical airflow control systems manufacturer, Phoenix Controls, has provided fast and consistent air flow controls, keeping occupants safe in pharmacy applications and other healthcare and laboratory conditions. Phoenix Controls can provide solutions to meet the new code requirements.
How Can Phoenix Controls Help?
Phoenix Controls’ primary focus is the controlling of critical environments. They are an engineered system solution provider, and even when a code changes, their highest priority is always safety.
For USP 800, look to Phoenix Controls to:
- Protect staff and patients by reducing the risk of airborne ventilation contamination and limiting exposure to HDs.
- Maintain proper room pressurization within each room and between spaces.
- Ensure correct air changes per hour (ACH) through flexible solutions should room designation change.
- Provide cost-effective retrofit or new construction design options.
- Deliver multiple control options that include:
- Integration with BAS integration flexibility.
- Alarm notification should system fail to meet airflow control standards.
- Decontamination modes.
- Flush spaces by increasing ACHs as needed.
The Phoenix Controls global network of partners has the tools and experience to assist with designing for new and existing building codes. They confirm new and retrofit projects are safe, and they meet or exceed energy targets. Flow Tech’s service technicians will ensure installed systems are properly maintained to guarantee the lowest total cost of ownership.
Take a look at Phoenix Controls solutions!
About USP 800 and the USP
The below chart explains the main differences between USP 797 and USP 800.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Since its founding in 1820, USP has helped secure the quality of the American drug supply. Building on that legacy, USP today works with scientists, practitioners, and regulators of many nations to develop and revise standards that help protect public health worldwide.
What, exactly, is a pharmacopeia? Watch this video to find out!
For more information about Phoenix Controls and their control valves we represent, please be sure to visit us on the web, email us, or call us at 860.291.8886. You can always stay up-to-date on the latest industry news and events by following us on social media: Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube
Latest posts by Nichole Petersen (see all)
- High Performing Buildings Summer 2017 Digital Edition - 2017-06-22
- Flow Tech Sponsors 2017 CT ASHRAE Golf Outing - 2017-06-15
- HPT Solutions: June 2017 Newsletter - 2017-06-13