Are you looking for an easy way to lower your utility bill and create a greener building? Try EC technology from ebm-papst. It’s an easy plug and play replacement into existing solutions that can dramatically reduce your overall power consumption up to 70%.
ebm-papst is sharing their GreenTech® philosophy with the world, “Each new product that is developed has to be better than its predecessor in terms of economy and ecology.” This edition of the ebm-papst RPM series, abortion “EC vs. AC Motor Comparison” provides an overview of EC technology, mind breaks down the components of an EC motor and demonstrates a live example of how this technology can cut energy consumption in half.
Additional features and benefits of EC:
• The electronics in the motor allow for speed control, sensor control, and MODBUS integration. This allows a direct link to a facility’s BMS (Building Management System)
• The fan can operate in constant flow, temperature control, or pressure control applications
• Alarm relays and tach-out signals can be monitored to ensure proper operation
• Long service life (brushless DC, use of semiconductors)
• Integrated protective functions e.g. locked – rotor protection and protection against incorrect connection
• Soft start and soft commutation
• Frequency independent
• EC motors show the same characteristics independent from the frequency of the power supply (50Hz or 60Hz)
• Same air performance and input power over input voltage range e.g. no change in performance from 1-200 VAC to 1-277 VAC (the current changes)
For more information on ebm-papst GreenTech® Technology or their EC motors, please contact us today! For general Flow Tech inquiries, you can always visit our website. Don’t forget to follow us on social media: Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube!
Nichole joined Flow Tech in 2013 as Director of Marketing. She leads our marketing communication initiatives including content marketing development, coordinating events and training, maintaining our digital presence and recruiting, as well as, some business development and office support. Nichole resides in Vernon with her husband Brian and son Roman. She enjoys hosting parties, cooking and lounging on the beach.