Starting this week and through the end of February, we’ll be hitting the College Career/Internship Fair circuit again! We’re in search of one or two interns for this coming summer. Not only do we value educating and mentoring undergraduate students about a potential technical sales career, while providing them with work experience, we’re also looking to potentially hire these students as full-time employees.
As a smaller company, it is very important for us to keep our future hiring needs in mind. We have a high percentage of employees nearing retirement in the next 10 years. In order to help combat a potential qualified employee shortage, we’re investing now in the training of potential candidates through our Summer Internship Program. If you or someone you know is currently pursuing a degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or Sales our Inside Sales Engineer Intern position might be a great fit!
Upcoming Recruitment Events
Someone from our team personally reviews every resume we receive, however meeting someone before reviewing their resume gives us a better understanding of their personality and how well they would fit in as a Flow Tech employee. If you’re interested in applying for our summer internship program, we strongly encourage you to meet us at one of these upcoming events.
The University of Connecticut (UCONN) Internship & Co-Op Fair
Thursday, February 15, 2018, from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Student Union, Storrs, CT
Central Connecticut State University (CCSU) Engineering Career Fair
Thursday, February 15, 2018, from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM
Student Center, New Britain, CT
The University of Hartford (UHart) Business & Technology Career Fair
Tuesday, February 20, 2018, from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Konover Hall Campus Center, West Hartford, CT
The University of Connecticut (UCONN) Engineering Career Fair
Wednesday, February 21, 2018, from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Rome Ballroom, Storrs, CT
Quinnipiac University Engineering Career Fair
Tuesday, February 27, 2018, from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM
Burt Kahn Court, Hamden, CT
We are a full-service heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment and engineered systems manufacturers’ representative celebrating over 25 years of business. We are located in South Windsor, CT and are looking for a motivated individual to help us reach the next level of success and fulfillment. Our intern(s) work in conjunction with the other inside sales engineers to assist the outside sales team bid on projects and win orders. We believe in exposing our interns to as much real-world experience as possible. Our interns are given product/system training, taken on job sites, brought to customer/sales meetings and encouraged to go to industry association events and meetings.
Key responsibilities entail coordinating with end-user customers, consulting engineers, vendors, manufacturers and the contracting tier. Duties will include equipment take-offs from plans and specifications, pricing, quoting, follow-up, troubleshooting over the phone and support of the sales organization. Considerable contact with a wide range of people via telephone and internet is required. Specific duties include:
• Equipment take-off from plans and specifications
• Product pricing based on phone conversations, as well as equipment take-offs
• Contact contractors to determine bidder lists for particular projects
• Prepare job quotes for projects and customers
• Provide customers with product information
• Proactive outbound calling to find out successful contracting bidders for project quotes
• Process customer orders within the company’s and vendors’ software platforms
• Order expediting
• Complete ongoing product training either in class or online
• Work with product vendors and manufacturers to assist and fulfill customer needs
• Availability during normal customer working hours (8 AM to 5 PM)
• Interact and support the outside sales team
The Perfect Candidate
We’re looking for someone with technical knowledge that is a real people person and likes to educate others. Although an engineering background and/or schooling is a huge benefit to this position, we really want someone with a competitive drive that doesn’t see himself/herself sitting behind a computer all day. We want someone with a competitive drive that likes to meet new people and build lasting relationships.
• Smart, energetic, tough and persuasive
• Ambitious with a willingness to learn
• A people-person who can represent the company well with its customers
• Likeable, engaging and fun to be around
• A clear and willing communicator who enjoys revealing how our products work
• Able and willing to confront tough issues, but in a way that leaves a positive emotional wake
• A doer- able to get things done, working independently
• The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, excellent communication and organizational skills, and a desire to build strong internal and external relationships.
Preferred but not Required Qualifications
• Electrical, mechanical or some sort of engineering background and/ schooling
• Sales experience
• Prior knowledge of HVAC equipment and systems
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying for the 2018 Inside Sales Engineer Internship, please email your resume and cover letter to Nichole Petersen. Put 2018 Summer Internship in the subject line. You can also reach out to her with questions