At one time ABB was the only manufacturer Flow Tech represented. A lot has changed over the 25+ years we’ve been in business. We now rep 14 different manufacturers with multiple product lines and engineered systems. Although we’ve increased our product offerings, a good portion of our business is still centered around ABB variable frequency drives (VFDs). Not only do we sell and service new drives, we also offer retrofitting and replacement for competitors’ drives, and we stock most drives for customer convenience.
VFDs are used in numerous industries for hundreds of applications. Of course we focus on the HVAC applications, but what some might not know is we also specialize in water and wastewater applications. We’ve taken the water/wastewater market by storm in Connecticut and Western Massachusetts and ABB agreed to expand our territory for this specific market into Eastern Massachusetts!
A stepping stone to entering the Eastern MA water/wastewater market is to exhibit at the 2017 Northeast Water Environment Association’s (NEWEA) Annual Conference. NEWEA is scheduled for Monday, January 23 – Wednesday, January 25, 2017 and will take place at the Boston Marriott Copley Place Hotel in Boston, MA. Brian Robinson, our resident VFD King, will be taking the lead with this exhibition. He, along with some ABB personnel and other Flow Techians will be at booth #420 (4th floor of the hotel) throughout the show to make new connections, provide information and generate a Flow Tech buzz within this industry.
Attending NEWEA has a duel purpose for us. Aside from generating new business and leads within Eastern MA, we’re also on the search for the next VFD Guru within Eastern MA. Brian may be a King, but even a King needs to rely on his lords and ladies to help rule the land. Our hope is to find someone to hit the ground running within the water/wastewater industry as soon as possible in this territory. Below is the full job description for this position…
ABB Water/Wastewater Sales Engineer/Account Manager for Eastern Massachusetts
About Flow Tech, Inc.
Flow Tech, Inc. (www.flowtechinc.com) is a full-service heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems manufacturer’s representative celebrating over 25 years of successful enterprise. We are headquartered in South Windsor, CT and are looking for a motivated individual to help us reach the next level of success and fulfillment.
Our mission is to provide products and services that have a direct effect on how commercial, industrial, municipal and institutional buildings operate. We pride ourselves our offerings, including:
- The premier source of new VFD applications, retrofits and servicing all brands of existing VFDs
- The finest critical airflow control solution in the market providing a safe and energy-efficient environment for building occupants.
- The highest quality custom-built air-handling units providing a dependable means for building owners to provide conditioned air to occupants.
- Multiple technologies of heat recovery allowing owners to run their buildings at peak efficiencies.
- A service department that is educated and experienced and provides a level of service that goes above and beyond customer expectations.
Our product lines include ABB variable frequency drives, Air Enterprises custom air-handling units, Air Monitor Corporation airflow measurement systems, Aircuity demand control ventilation, ebm-papst , Inc. EC fans and motors, Heat Pipe Technology heat pipes, M.K. Plastics exhaust systems, Phoenix Controls critical airflow control, Steril-Aire UV applications for HVAC, TAMCO dampers and louvers, Thermowheel energy recovery, TMI Climate Solutions custom air-handlers and hydronics, TOXALERT gas detection, Twin City Fans and blowers and VAW Systems noise control systems. We serve the pharmaceutical, research, healthcare, education, commercial and water and waste water markets in Connecticut, Massachusetts and select counties in New York.
Flow Tech, Inc. is looking for a skilled Sales Engineer/Account Manager to join our team and target the Water/Wastewater Treatment market in Eastern Massachusetts. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Marketing and selling ABB Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) to the Water/Wastewater Treatment market place in the Eastern Massachusetts geographic area.
- Identifying future opportunities within that market sector and following up on their status.
- Working with all professionals involved in the Water/Wastewater Treatment industry including, but not limited to: end users, specifying consulting engineers, facility/plant managers, and contractors.
- Facilitating lunch and learns and presentations to educate Water/Wastewater Treatment professionals about the benefits of utilizing VFDs within this industry.
- Project coordination and project management for orders received
- Business development within Eastern Massachusetts to foster and build relationships with key contacts in the Water/Wastewater Treatment industry.
- Participating and completing training to benefit and reinforce the sales process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or Professional selling, or equivalent work experience.
- Business development, marketing and sales experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Exemplify a positive attitude and a spirit of cooperation in every aspect of the role.
- Working knowledge and thorough understanding of VFD’s applicable to the Water/Waste Water treatment market is strongly preferred, but not an absolute requirement.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong work ethic, excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Be smart and energetic with the willingness to work long hours in the construction and service industry.
- Be a people-person who can represent the company well with its customers.
- Be willing to continually learn and become educated on new products and technology.
Flow Tech’s Culture
We value a positive attitude and a belief in doing things right. Our employees are the foundation of our success and we make employee fulfillment our highest priority. We reward performance and offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Flow Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email your resume to Rich Harper at harper@FlowTechInc.com, or you may call him at 860.221.0871 for more information.
If you’re interested in this position please contact us immediately. If you know of someone who may be interested please share the job link with them. Also, if you are in the Boston area, plan to be the week of January 23rd, or are a water/wastewater professional please stop by booth #420 during NEWEA 2017. For more information about this trade show, our event marketing efforts, or career opportunities feel free to reach out to Nichole Petersen. Please visit our website for general inquiries, or email us. You can always stay up-to-date on industry happenings and company news by following us on social media: Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube!
Nichole joined Flow Tech in 2013 as Director of Marketing. She leads our marketing communication initiatives including content marketing development, coordinating events and training, maintaining our digital presence and recruiting, as well as, some business development and office support. Nichole resides in Vernon with her husband Brian and son Roman. She enjoys hosting parties, cooking and lounging on the beach.