The New Year marked the retirement of one of our service technicians, Peter Lawson. Peter was one of Flow Tech’s very first field service techs. He was a very hard worker and was loved by many of our customers. We are very happy for him to enter into this new phase of life, but we will miss him and his expertise greatly. Luckily he has agreed to come back here and there on a project-specific basis. We love the fact that he is still willing to help us out even in retirement, but the loss of his man hours leaves a service void we need to fill and fast!
We are currently looking for a qualified, hard-working individual to join our team and take Peter’s place as a VFD Service Technician. Below is the full job description. If you, or someone you know may be interested please read on and consider applying today!
About Flow Tech, Inc.
Flow Tech, Inc. (www.flowtechinc.com) is a full-service heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems manufacturer’s representative celebrating over 25 years of successful enterprise. We are headquartered in South Windsor, CT and are looking for a motivated individual to help us reach the next level of success and fulfillment.
Our mission is to provide products and services that have a direct effect on how commercial, industrial, municipal and institutional buildings operate. We pride ourselves our offerings, including:
- The premier source of new VFD applications, retrofits and servicing all brands of existing VFDs
- The finest critical airflow control solution in the market providing a safe and energy-efficient environment for building occupants.
- The highest quality custom-built air-handling units providing a dependable means for building owners to provide conditioned air to occupants.
- Multiple technologies of heat recovery allowing owners to run their buildings at peak efficiencies.
- A service department that is educated and experienced and provides a level of service that goes above and beyond customer expectations.
Our product lines include ABB variable frequency drives, Air Enterprises custom air-handling units, Air Monitor Corporation airflow measurement systems, Aircuity demand control ventilation, ebm-papst , Inc. EC fans and motors, Heat Pipe Technology heat pipes, M.K. Plastics exhaust systems, Phoenix Controls critical airflow control, Steril-Aire UV applications for HVAC, TAMCO dampers and louvers, Thermowheel energy recovery, TMI Climate Solutions custom air-handlers and hydronics, TOXALERT gas detection, Twin City Fans and blowers and VAW Systems noise control systems. We serve the pharmaceutical, research, healthcare, education, commercial and water and waste water markets in Connecticut, Massachusetts and select counties in New York.
We are seeking a qualified field service technician for start‐up and service of ABB Variable Frequency Drives.
This position requires a 2‐year technical degree in electrical/electronic technology and/or equivalent field experience. Strong electrical/electronic and control background, PC skills, the ability to work independently and interact with customers are a must. Knowledge of VFDs, HVAC, electrical and construction or an electrical license is a plus. Applicants must have a valid drivers’ license as daytime travel is required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong work ethic, excellent communication and organizational skills
- Be smart and energetic with the willingness to work long hours in the construction and service industry.
- Be a people-person who can represent the company well with its customers.
- Be willing to continually learn and become educated on new products and technology.
Access to a company vehicle and communication technology is provided for this position.
We value a positive attitude and a belief in doing things right. Our employees are the foundation of our success and we make employee fulfillment our highest priority. We reward performance and offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Flow Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Email your resume to Charlie Barber at Barber@FlowTechInc.com. No phone calls please.
If you’re interested in this position please contact us immediately. If you know of someone who may be interested please share the job link with them. For more information about our career opportunities feel free to reach out to Nichole Petersen. For general inquiries you can visit our website, or email us. You can always stay up-to-date on industry happenings and company news by following us on social media: Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube!