Flow Tech, Inc.’s mission is to help people connected to the built environment by sustainably improving comfort and safety. Our vision is the be the premier, full-service manufacturer’s representative for applied and engineered products and systems for HVAC and municipal water and wastewater markets.
With over 30 years of success we are looking for a motivated individual to help us reach the next level of fulfillment as a Controls Systems Designer.
The Controls Systems Designer will be the lead person for the design, estimating, and coordination of our Phoenix Controls and Aircuity installations. The Controls Systems Designer will interact with various customer types including consulting engineers, contractors and end users. This position will report directly to our Operations Manager and interact with various personnel within Flow Tech including Sales Engineers, Field Technicians, Operations and Accounting.
- Job takeoffs and hardware pricing, including evaluation and pricing of alternative approaches. Requires working from the design engineering sketches, layouts and drawings (buildings’ plans and specifications).
- Master pricing software and other software-based tools while understanding their limitations and how to work around these limitations.
- Work through contracting channels as required to resolve issues with a project’s design and obtain permission through proper channels to work out the technical details directly with the design engineer.
- Lay out system wiring and prepare formal AutoCAD drawings for the project following our established Flow Tech format. Innovation will be required as each job is unique.
- Procure all material that may be required to accomplish a given project. Follow up on all orders to ensure satisfactory completion.
- Interface with and support our field technicians by procuring parts, gathering feedback and making changes to the projects as necessary.
- Organize and document files in a manner that is accessible and available to other Flow Tech personnel. Including creating and maintaining an archive document for each project.
- Excellent computer knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- Hands-on experience with AutoCAD, Excel & Microsoft Word is a must.
- Knowledge of HVAC applications including temperature and/or pressure controls is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to operate collaboratively in a team environment.
- Smart, energetic, tough and persuasive.
- A people-person who happens to be good at explaining pressure and temperature control applications. Likeable, engaging, fun to be around.
- A clear and willing communicator who enjoys revealing how our products work.
- Able and willing to confront tough issues.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Professional presence – be able to represent the company capably, inspiring confidence in consulting engineers, contractors, end-users as well as our Field Technicians and Sales Engineers
About Flow Tech, Inc.
We are headquartered in South Windsor, CT and offer competitive, energy-efficient and quality-focused products, systems and services. We excel in large commercial and institutional type markets including healthcare, higher education, K-12 schools, pharmaceutical, office buildings and water/wastewater.
We differentiate ourselves with our customers by satisfying their unmet and unarticulated needs, providing exceptional service and fostering creative and innovative solutions. We pride ourselves on our offerings, including:
- The premier source of new VFD applications, retrofits and servicing all brands of existing VFDs
- The finest critical airflow control solution in the market providing a safe and energy-efficient environment for building occupants.
- The highest quality custom-built air-handling units providing a dependable means for building owners to provide conditioned air to occupants.
- Multiple technologies of heat recovery allowing owners to run their buildings at peak efficiencies.
- A service department that is educated and experienced and provides a level of service that goes above and beyond customer expectations.
We encourage you to view our complete products and service offerings at www.FlowTechInc.com/services/.
At Flow Tech, Inc. we value a positive attitude and a belief in doing things right. Our employees are the foundation of our success and we make employee fulfillment our highest priority. We embody an inclusive company culture that rewards hard work, we act with integrity and we focus on open communication and teamwork.
We reward performance andoffer a competitive salary and benefits package. Some of our employee benefitsinclude medical insurance, 401k with company match, and industry associationmemberships. Flow Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to Charlie Barber, Barber@FlowTechInc.com.