Flow Tech, Inc.– a full service HVAC equipment manufacturer’s representative located in South Windsor, CT is looking for a skilled Inside Sales Engineer to join our team. We value a positive attitude and a belief in doing things right. Our employees are the foundation of our success and we make employee fulfillment our highest priority. We reward performance and offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
About Flow Tech, Inc.
- The premier source for new VFD applications, retrofits and servicing all brands of existing variable frequency drives.
- The finest critical airflow control solution in the market providing a safe and energy efficient environment for the occupants to work.
- The highest quality custom-built air handlers, providing a dependable means for building owners to provide conditioned air to occupants.
- Multiple technologies of heat recovery allowing owners to run their buildings at peak efficiency.
- A service department that is educated and experienced, and provides a level of service that goes above and beyond customer expectations
Our product lines include ABB variable frequency drives, Air Enterprises, Air Monitor Corporation, Aircuity, HPT, M.K. Plastics, Phoenix Controls, Steril-Aire, TAMCO, Thermowheel, TOXALERT, Twin City Fans and VAW. We serve the pharmaceutical, research, healthcare, education, commercial and water and waste water markets in Connecticut, Western Massachusetts and a few counties in New York.
We are looking for a motivated individual to help us reach the next level of success and fulfillment. We are currently hiring for this position, and are always accepting applications for strong candidates with a passion for providing inside office support to our outside sales team.
Key responsibilities entail coordinating with end-user customers, consulting engineers, vendors, manufacturers and the contracting tier. Duties will include equipment take-offs from plans and specifications, pricing, quoting, follow-up, trouble-shooting over the phone and support of the sales organization. Considerable contact with a wide range of people via telephone and internet are required. Specific duties include:
- Equipment take-off from plans and specifications
- Product pricing based on phone conversations, as well as equipment take-offs
- Contacting contractors to determine bidder lists for particular projects
- Prepare job quotes for projects and customers
- Provide customers with product information
- Proactive outbound calling to find out successful contracting bidders for project quotes
- Process customer orders within the company’s and vendors’ software platforms
- Order expediting
- Complete ongoing product training either in class or online
- Work with product vendors and manufacturers to assist and fulfill customer needs
- Availability during normal customer working hours (8 AM to 5 PM)
- Interact and support the outside sales team
- Smart, energetic, tough and persuasive
- Ambitious with a willingness to learn
- A people-person who can represent the company well with its customers.
- Likeable, engaging and fun to be around
- A clear and willing communicator who enjoys revealing how our products work
- Able and willing to confront tough issues, but in a way that leaves a positive emotional wake
- A doer- able to get things done, working independently
- The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, excellent communication and organizational skills, and a desire to build strong internal and external relationships.
Preferred but not Required Qualifications
- Electrical, mechanical or general engineering background and/schooling
- Sales experience
- Prior knowledge of HVAC equipment and systems
- Medical insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability buy-in option
We are looking to fill this position as soon as we find the best-fit candidate. If you, or someone you know would be ideal for this position, please visit our career page and click on the “Inside Sales Engineer” open position. The link will direct you to our third party recruitment site where you can fill out and submit your application and resume.