Flow Tech, Inc. is looking to expand our inside sales department. If you have a technical background in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, have worked in the HVAC industry or have prior sales experience consider applying for our Technical Inside Sales position.
Evolution of the Position
The career evolution would include a paid co-op/internship until college graduation, or an entry-level, full-time inside sales engineer role for 1 to 3 years eventually leading into an outside Sales Engineer position.
At Flow Tech, Inc. we value a positive attitude and a belief in doing things right. Our employees are the foundation of our success and we make employee fulfillment our highest priority.
Key responsibilities entail coordinating with end-user customers, consulting engineers, vendors, manufacturers and the contracting tier. Duties will include equipment take-offs from plans and specifications, pricing, quoting, follow-up, trouble-shooting over the phone and support of the sales organization. Considerable contact with a wide range of people via telephone and internet are required. Specific duties include:
- Equipment take-off from plans and specifications
- Product pricing based on phone conversations, as well as equipment take-offs
- Contacting contractors to determine bidder lists for particular projects
- Prepare job quotes for projects and customers
- Provide customers with product information
- Proactive outbound calling to find out successful contracting bidders for project quotes
- Process customer orders within the company’s and vendors’ software platforms
- Order expediting
- Complete ongoing product training either in class or online
- Work with product vendors and manufacturers to assist and fulfill customer needs
- Availability during normal customer working hours (8am to 5pm)
- Interact and support the outside sales team
- Smart, energetic, tough and persuasive
- Ambitious with a willingness to learn
- A people-person who can represent the company well with its customers. Likeable, engaging and fun to be around
- A clear and willing communicator who enjoys revealing how our products work
- Able and willing to confront tough issues, but in a way that leaves a positive emotional wake
- A doer- able to get things done, working independently
- The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, excellent communication and organizational skills, and a desire to build strong internal and external relationships.
Preferred but not Required Qualifications
- Electrical, mechanical or some sort of engineering background and/ schooling
- Sales experience
- Prior knowledge of HVAC equipment and systems
If interested, email your resume to Nichole Kemp, nkemp@FlowTechInc.com and write “Technical Inside Sales” in the subject line.