Aside from having the ability to offer our customers a variety of reliable, state-of-the-art and energy-efficient solutions, being an HVAC manufacturer’s rep provides other opportunities we can pass on to our customers. Some include product training, special conferences/seminars, and of course, factory tours. This past month three lucky customers along with sales engineer, Kevin Wixom, took part in a unique opportunity provided by TAMCO.
TAMCO, our damper and louver manufacturer, has a manufacturing facility in Nashville, TN. Being the Nashville is a desirable destination to visit they host several factory tours and events every year and offer their reps the opportunity to bring their customers for an educational and fun trip. TAMCO also has a hospitality suite at Nissan Stadium for all home Titans’ football games. Knowing that Flow Tech is based in New England they reached out to us to see if we’d be interested in attending the Titans vs Patriots game on November 11, 2018, and we gladly accepted the offer.
Kevin Wixom, an avid Pats fan, attended on Flow Tech’s behalf. Kelly Oren of van Zelm Engineers, Craig Parker of BVH and Scott Massengill of F&F Mechanical were the lucky customers to join Kevin on this adventure. They arrived on Saturday, November 10th and packed as much learning and fun into the weekend as possible before departing on Monday, November 12th.
- After arrival visited the Blue Angels Memorial
- Toured TAMCO Factory
- Learned about TAMCO product lines
- Customers got hands-on experience by making their own damper then tested it’s air leakage to make sure the published data met AMCA 1A certification.
- Tested by light leakage test for quality control
- Hung out at hotel, Gaylord Opryland Resort, bar hopped and ate dinner
- Arrived at Nissan Stadium for 10 AM
- Watched the players warm up field side
- Watched the game from the warmth of TAMCO’s box and enjoyed food and refreshments
- After game at dinner at Rodizio Brazilian Steak House
- Later that night enjoyed drinks and live music at Tootsies and Honky Tonk Central
- Seeing customers assemble and test the damper
- Gives product credibility. Customers saw firsthand how each damper is checked and tested
- Watching the Patriots Game (even though they lost) from box seats
About T.A. Morrison & Co. Inc. (TAMCO)
TAMCO is an innovative manufacturer of high-end, superior-quality dampers and air control products, serving commercial, industrial and institutional markets. TAMCO entered the ventilation industry in 1955, and in 1980 began to engineer and produce an innovative line of aluminum dampers. Great attention has been devoted to design, in order to develop products which are durable, maintenance-free, energy efficient, and unparalleled in performance. TAMCO continues to lead the charge, bringing creative solutions to the air control market.
Flow Tech is proud to represent TAMCO and its dampers. For more information about how we can provide you air control solutions please contact us, or visit our website. Stay up-to-date on the latest news and industry events by following us on social media: Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube.
Nichole joined Flow Tech in 2013 as Director of Marketing. She leads our marketing communication initiatives including content marketing development, coordinating events and training, maintaining our digital presence and recruiting, as well as, some business development and office support. Nichole resides in Vernon with her husband Brian and son Roman. She enjoys hosting parties, cooking and lounging on the beach.