Flow Tech, Inc.’s mission is to help people connect to the built environment by sustainably improving comfort and safety. Our vision is to be the premier, full-service manufacturer’s representative for applied and engineered products and systems for HVAC and municipal water and wastewater markets.
In order to achieve our goals it is imperative to hire the right employees. We believe that starts by finding the best interns. Our internship program is not merely a summer job created to provide students with relevant work experience. Although that’s a secondary benefit, the primary goal of bringing on interns is to identify and develop future employees. We look at our internships as extended interviews. They provide the student with 3 months to get to know us and the job, and it gives us the opportunity to get to know them.
We’ve found that the best way to find summer interns is through recruitment at college/university career fairs. We attended UConn and UMass Amherst’s STEM career fairs two weeks ago and today we’re attending the University of Hartford’s. We hope to find candidates pursing a technical degree who have a friendly demeanor and like to communicate with people. Below is more information about the internship position. If you are interested please consider applying or forward to someone who would be interested.
We are seeking individuals looking to pursue a career in technical sales. Our internship is an application engineering position that supports the sales department. Our goal is to find individuals with a drive to succeed and the ability to comprehend technical products and systems. We view our internship program as an extended interview and hope it is the beginning of a long-lasting career at Flow Tech, Inc.
- Learn how to read and interpret building plans and specifications. Determine which products/services Flow Tech can get involved in on a project.
- Perform and/or analyze calculations for equipment/system selection and configuration.
- Immerse oneself into the products and services Flow Tech offers. Candidate should be able to select, price, quote, submit on and order products they are exposed to within a few weeks. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is a must.
- Begin the relationship-building process with Flow Tech’s customers including contractors, end-users and design engineers. Candidates should eventually feel comfortable discussing product applications in person, over the phone and via email with professional courtesy and attention to detail.
- Electrical, mechanical or applicable engineering background
- Sales experience and/or prior knowledge of HVAC equipment and systems
- Full-time, paid summer position
- Mentoring from industry experts
- Gain valuable business/construction experience
- Product training and job site visits
About Flow Tech, Inc.
We are headquartered in South Windsor, CT and offer competitive, energy-efficient and quality-focused products, systems and services. We excel in large commercial and institutional type markets including healthcare, higher education, K-12 schools, pharmaceutical, office buildings and water/wastewater.
We differentiate ourselves with our customers by satisfying their unmet and unarticulated needs, providing exceptional service and fostering creative and innovative solutions. We pride ourselves on our offerings and encourage you to view our complete line of products and services.
At Flow Tech, Inc. we value a positive attitude and a belief in doing things right. Our employees are the foundation of our success and we make employee fulfillment our highest priority. We embody an inclusive company culture that rewards hard work, we act with integrity and we focus on open communication and teamwork.
How to apply
To be considered for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to Nichole Petersen. A great way to get to know more about us is by visiting our website and following us on social media: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube.