The Greater New Haven Water Pollution Collection Agency (GNHWPCA) is a great customer of ours. Together we have completed many projects for wastewater applications. It is important to us to help promote our customers’ events and news. For the past few years the GNHWPCA’s employees have competed in a regional Operations Challenge.
What are the Wastewater Olympics?
Operations Challenge is the “Wastewater Olympics” for professionals in the wastewater treatment industry. Teams of 4 members compete in 5 separate events: operations, maintenance, laboratory, safety, and collection systems, at a regional level to earn the right to represent New England Water Environment Association (NEWEA) at the national Water Environment Federation (WEF) competition, WEFTEC 2019.
We’re happy to help spread the word that the GNHWPCA Operations Challenge Team, the Franken Foggers, has again been successfully increasing their performance. This year at the NEWEA Spring Conference Operations Challenge Event in New Hampshire, the GNHWPCA Franken Foggers took second place overall among the five teams competing. The team took first place in Process Control, Maintenance and Safety and a second place in Laboratory. So the Franken Foggers are going to WEFTEC 2019 in Chicago representing Connecticut and NEWEA!
Help Support Connecticut’s Franken Foggers
The CWPAA has been an ardent supporter of the team from Connecticut and NEWEA has also supported the New England teams going to WEFTEC. Flow Tech is a proud Gold sponsor of the team and hopes to help the team further their quest to improve their placement at WEFTEC by practicing hard and participating in events to gain more experience. To learn more about supporting the Franken Foggers click here or contact Gary Zrelak.
About WEFTEC 2019
WEFTEC is the largest conference of its kind in North America and offers water quality professionals from around the world with the best water quality education and training available today.
Also recognized as the largest annual water quality exhibition in the world, the expansive show floor provides unparalleled access to the most cutting-edge technologies in the field; serves as a forum for domestic and international business opportunities; and promotes invaluable peer-to-peer networking among registrants. Flow Tech’s variable frequency drive manufacturer, ABB, will be exhibiting the new ACQ580 for water and wastewater applications.
The Franken Foggers are featured in the 2017 WEFTEC promo (first appearance at 1:40.)
What Makes WEFTEC a Leading Source in Water Quality?
A wide range of topics and focus areas allow registrants to design their own, unique learning experience while earning up to 16.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) for continuing education units and eight general Contacts Hours per day visiting the Exhibition. An increasing number of abstract submittals from experts in the water quality field results in a world-class technical program of technical sessions and workshops that addresses a diverse and comprehensive list of contemporary water and wastewater issues and solutions including:
- Collection Systems – Management, operations and maintenance, infrastructure, overflow reduction, wet weather planning, watershed approaches, and regulations
- Energy Conservation and Management – Resource recovery, combined heat and power, biogas optimization
- Membrane Technologies – Application in wastewater and water reuse, innovations, enhanced performance, regulatory compliance
- Plant Operations and Treatment – Innovations, technologies, processes, and proven solutions in water and wastewater treatment; including nutrient removal and odor control
- Regulations – CMOM/SSO Rules, TMDL/Watershed Rules, Nutrient Trading, and NPDES Phase II
- Research – Leading edge process applications in water and wastewater treatment and recent developments
- Residuals & Biosolids – Incineration, disposal, reuse through land application, research, regulations, politics, and public perception
- Stormwater – Treatment, green infrastructure, wet weather management, modeling
- Utility Management – Asset Management and financial planning for infrastructure, technology, regulatory compliance, and security; including environmental management systems (EMS)
- Water Reuse/Recycling – Research, regulations, emerging technologies, proven processes
- Water Quality & Watershed Management – Stormwater, wet weather, and watershed issues
We hope you consider supporting the GNHWPCA either through sponsorship or by attending WEFTEC 2019 to see them compete! To learn more about our solutions for water/wastewater applications visit us on the web, call us, 860.291.8886 or contact Brian Robinson and Larry Scola. You can always stay up-to-day on the latest industry news by following us on social media: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Youtube.
Nichole joined Flow Tech in 2013 as Director of Marketing. She leads our marketing communication initiatives including content marketing development, coordinating events and training, maintaining our digital presence and recruiting, as well as, some business development and office support. Nichole resides in Vernon with her husband Brian and son Roman. She enjoys hosting parties, cooking and lounging on the beach.