Flow Tech President, Rich Harper can often be heard saying “our service team does most of our selling.” What he means by this is the level of experience and knowledge that our Field Technicians bring to the table is top-notch and when people work with Flow Tech they know that comes with reliable, 24/7, on-call service. That level of service and dedication is what keeps our customers come back again and again.
We’re extremely happy with our current service team and they are kept very busy, however, because we’re becoming more involved in the municipal, water and wastewater markets we have a need to bring on another employee to the service team. We are currently looking for an experienced service professional to fill the role of Commercial and Municipal VFD Service Technician.
About the Commerical & Municipal VFD Service Technician Role
We are seeking a qualified field service technician for start-up and service of ABB Variable Frequency Drives.
This position requires a 2-year technical degree in electrical/electronic technology and/or equivalent field experience. Strong electrical/electronic and control background, PC skills, the ability to work independently and interact with customers are a must. Knowledge of VFDs, HVAC, electrical and construction or an electrical license is a plus. Applicants must have a valid drivers’ license as daytime travel is required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong work ethic, excellent communication, and organizational skills.
- Be smart and energetic with the willingness to work long hours in the construction and service industry.
- Experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting electronic controls and power electronics.
- Be a people-person who can represent the company well with its customers.
- Be willing to continually learn and become educated on new products and technology.
Access to a company vehicle and communication technology is provided for this position.
About Flow Tech, Inc.
Flow Tech, Inc. is a full-service heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems manufacturer’s representative celebrating over 30 years of successful enterprise. We are headquartered in South Windsor, CT and are looking for a motivated individual to help us reach the next level of success and fulfillment.
Our mission is to provide products and services that have a direct effect on how commercial, industrial, municipal and institutional buildings operate. We pride ourselves on our offerings, including:
- The premier source of new VFD applications, retrofits and servicing all brands of existing VFDs
- The finest critical airflow control solution in the market providing a safe and energy-efficient environment for building occupants.
- The highest quality custom-built air-handling units providing a dependable means for building owners to provide conditioned air to occupants.
- Multiple technologies of heat recovery allowing owners to run their buildings at peak efficiencies.
- A service department that is educated and experienced and provides a level of service that goes above and beyond customer expectations.
Our product lines include ABB variable frequency drives, Air Enterprises, Air Monitor Corporation, Aircuity, Composite Aire Design, ebm-papst, Inc., Fresh-Aire UV ICE, Heat Pipe Technology, M.K. Plastics, Phoenix Controls, SecureAire, Steril-Aire, TAMCO, Thermowheel, TMI Climate Solutions, TOXALERT, Twin City Fans and VAW Systems. We serve the pharmaceutical, research, healthcare, education, commercial and water and wastewater markets in Connecticut, Massachusetts and select counties in New York.
We value a positive attitude and a belief in doing things right. Our employees are the foundation of our success and we make employee fulfillment our highest priority. We reward performance and offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Flow Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the rewarding position please email your resume to Charlie Barber. No phone calls, please.
Nichole joined Flow Tech in 2013 as Director of Marketing. She leads our marketing communication initiatives including content marketing development, coordinating events and training, maintaining our digital presence and recruiting, as well as, some business development and office support. Nichole resides in Vernon with her husband Brian and son Roman. She enjoys hosting parties, cooking and lounging on the beach.