At Flow Tech, we pride ourselves on providing our customers with excellent service. In order to do that we not only need the right people but the right amount of technicians as well. The retirement of one of our longtime Field Techs last summer left us with a position to fill. Although the service needs of our customers required that we hire someone quickly, we weren’t about to sacrifice quality to fill the position. After several months of searching for the best-fit candidate, we met Bill Landry. Bill started in November 2016, and we soon realized that our newest addition to the service department fit in very well with both our company culture and the knowledge base needed for the position.
The high demand for service has kept Bill very busy over the past couple months. Our service department is comprised of a project side and a service side. Currently, Bill focuses on the latter. He provides service and preventative maintenance for our ABB, Air Monitor Corporation, Aircuity and Phoenix Controls product lines. As with all our employees, we thought you’d enjoy getting to know a little more about Bill. Take a look at his responses to our questions below…
- What made you decide to pursue and technical construction career?
I was looking for new challenges.
- What made you decide to go into HVAC specifically?
I started off as an electrician wiring the BMS systems for controls companies and thought it would be interesting to learn how to make it all work.
- What Technical College/ School did you go to?
I attended the New England Institute of Technology.
- What do you like best about working in this industry?
There is always something new to learn, it’s always evolving.
- How many years have you been in the industry?
I’ve been in the industry about 16 years.
- What made you decide to accept your position with Flow Tech?
The diversity of the company and the friendly atmosphere really interested me.
- Did you have a mentor, foreman or instructor that helped you or made an impact in your developing career? If so, who was it and why did they help?
I worked with an older electrician named Dennis who told me to be never afraid to learn new things. His quote, “knowledge is power.”
- If you could give advice to people looking to pursue a career in HVAC/construction what would it be?
Always be willing to learn.
- What are your hobbies or what do you like to do in your free time?
Hanging out with my family, mountain biking and guitars.
- If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive who would it be, where would you go and why?
Ernest Hemingway, anywhere in the Florida Keys. I think it would be a great time full of stories.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
New Zealand, get the best of both worlds beaches and mountains all within a day’s reach of each other.
We are extremely grateful to have Bill aboard the Flow Tech team. With him, our service department is still extremely busy, however, we don’t want to know what our schedule would look like had he not chosen a career with us. To learn more about Bill feel free to reach out to him directly.
For more information about Flow Tech and our career opportunities contact us today at 860.291.8886, or email Nichole Petersen. You can also visit us on the web. Don’t forget to follow us on social media: Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube!
Nichole joined Flow Tech in 2013 as Director of Marketing. She leads our marketing communication initiatives including content marketing development, coordinating events and training, maintaining our digital presence and recruiting, as well as, some business development and office support. Nichole resides in Vernon with her husband Brian and son Roman. She enjoys hosting parties, cooking and lounging on the beach.