As a technical sales company it’s not only important to have extremely talented and knowledgeable Sales Engineers, but hard-working and experienced inside support staff as well. Andrew Marques joined the Flow Tech Family in April 2015 and this month marks his 6th month anniversary with us! We couldn’t be happier to have Andrew as our newest employee.
Our Sales Engineer Brian worked with Andrew through the past several years before he came to Flow Tech. He knew Andrew would be a perfect fit due to his education, variable frequency drive experience and familiarity, and his all-around great personality. Andrew is now one of our two Inside Sales Engineers. He aids our Outside Sales team with anything then need to win a project and generate more business. Although his specialty is with ABB’s VFDs, he works on all projects and with all our product lines. Andrew’s main responsibilities are working on project take-offs, submittals, generating pricing and quotes, and placing product orders. He is also in charge of contacting our manufacturers, vendors, contractors and any third parties involved in our projects.
- What made you decide to pursue an inside sales position?
My technical knowledge and abilities made me a good candidate for a sales-support position.
- What made you decide to go into the construction/HVAC industry?
After trade school, I interviewed at a custom VFD manufacturer, and it looked very interesting, so I gave it a shot and it stuck.
- How many years have you been in the industry?
- What other industries have you worked in, if any?
If we aren’t counting High School jobs -none. If we’re counting high school jobs then the Food Service industry from the age of 12 (my family owned a restaurant), and the Auto industry detailing for 8 years on and off.
- What University/College/Technical School did you attend, if any?
- What do you like best about working in this industry?
There are many interesting problems that come up that need solutions.
- What made you decide to accept your position with Flow Tech?
I’ve worked with Brian Robinson and dealt with Flow Tech for many years. I’ve always admired the company and when the opportunity presented itself I took it. Being a part of the company has not disappointed and I don’t regret making the move to Flow Tech.
- Did you have a mentor, foreman or instructor that helped you or made an impact in your developing career? If so, who and why did they help?
I’ve learned so much from so many, I don’t think I could single out an individual.
- If you could give advice to people looking to pursue a career in sales/HVAC/construction what would it be?
There is a lot to figure out, but there are many people eager to share their knowledge, so be willing to keep learning.
- What are your hobbies or what do you like to do in your free time?
I try to do as much rock climbing as I can, when house/yard work doesn’t get in the way. My wife and I have had a lot of fun participating in obstacle races, and the occasional 5k too.
- If you could be a super hero who would you be and why?
Never thought about it, but it would probably be Spider-Man. He does a lot of climbing, and flying doesn’t interest me.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
Monaco during the Grand Prix weekend. Who wouldn’t want to party in southern France, and watch an F1 race?
- If you had to eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be and why?
Cliché answer: Pizza – you can put anything on it. #2 answer: The Filet at Capital Grill. I doubt it would be a very long life though 🙂
- If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive who would it be and where would you go?
My father – the location is irrelevant.
- Any additional comments or unique things you’d like us to know?
My wife and I just celebrated our 6th anniversary.
I can enjoy music from almost any genre, I can also passionately dislike music from any genre.
We’re so happy that Andrew made the move to Flow Tech. He and our other Inside Sales Engineer, Andy T., have made a fabulous team and keep our sales team moving. Without him we would not be able to provide our customers with the support and attention they deserve. Thanks Andrew, we hope you stay with us for a very long time!
For more information about Andrew feel free to email him, visit our website, or contact us. Make sure to share this post with a friend and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and connect with us on LinkedIn.