Flow Tech, Inc. is seeking an individual to coordinate and monitor the functions of our service department in South Windsor, CT. The Service Coordinator will support Flow Tech’s Field Service Technicians who perform on-site, routine and emergency services of Flow Tech’s HVAC equipment and engineered systems, including installation, maintenance, startup and repair. The Service Coordinator ensures field services are effective and customers’ requirements are met. This individual will report directly to the Service Manager.
- Receive service request phone calls and emails.
- Prioritize urgency of service visit requests and dispatch accordingly.
- Assign and schedule Field Service Technicians according to their area of expertise and availability for:
- General service calls
- Owner training
- Preventive maintenance
- Coordinate with Service Manager and Director of Operations regarding specialty service calls and project-related work.
- Field general service, equipment and parts inquiries.
- Promote Flow Tech’s product offerings and provide general information about equipment and systems.
- Provide the following to Field Service Technicians:
- Daily work schedules
- On-call schedule reminders
- Job hazard analysis and training matrix’s, when required.
- Ensure service reports, preventative maintenance reports, and start up sheets are received from Field Service Technicians, and review, forward and file appropriately.
- Provide Flow Tech’s manufacturers with documentation required for equipment warranty registration, and file internally.
- Manage certification and calibration schedule of equipment.
- Track and coordinate renewal of vendor badges for service visit site access.
Invoicing and Purchasing
- Generate quotes and pricing for service visits.
- Invoice customers for service visits and agreements, upon completion.
- Request payments for service visits without purchase orders.
- Purchase parts, tools and supplies required for service work.
- Manage operations of Flow Tech’s warehouse including:
- Inventory management.
- Staging and preparing items/parts needed for service visits.
- Organizing incoming and outgoing deliveries.
- Preparing bill of ladings.
- Scheduling courier service.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in service coordination and/or customer service.
- Associate degree or technical certification and/or equivalent field experience in HVAC Controls and systems.
- Understanding of the HVAC industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Effective communication skills.
- Competence to work on complex problems and exceptions without direct supervision.
Ideal Candidate Will Be:
- Familiar with, or willing to learn about, the equipment and systems Flow Tech provides.
- Able to handle stressful situations in a calm manner.
- A skilled, multi-tasker in a fast-pace environment.
- Capable and comfortable with working alongside multiple generations.
- Proactive in offering suggestions to improve internal processes.
- Open to change and willing to adapt as the position evolves.
Flow Tech intends to provide on-the-job training with our retiring Service Coordinator for 4-6 months. In addition to learning the job responsibilities featured in the position overview, training will entail:
- Overview of Flow Tech’s Internal processes
- Education about Flow Tech’s Product/Equipment offerings
- Shadowing field technicians on service visits
Proposed Start Date
Flow Tech’s goal is to have the new service coordinator start in summer 2021. See “Training” section above. Start date is flexible depending on individual’s experience level and availability.
We reward performance and offer a competitive salary and benefits including medical insurance, 401k with company match, and industry association memberships. Flow Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Flow Tech, Inc.
We are headquartered in South Windsor, CT and provide competitive, energy-efficient and quality-focused products, systems and services. We excel in large commercial and institutional type markets including healthcare, higher education, K-12 schools, pharmaceutical, office buildings and water/wastewater.
We differentiate ourselves by satisfying our customers’ unmet and unarticulated needs, fostering creative and innovative solutions and providing exceptional service. We always make a conscious effort to do the right thing. We pride ourselves on our offerings and encourage you to view our complete line of products and services.
Our employees are the foundation of our success, and we make employee fulfillment our highest priority. We work with integrity; we focus on open communication and teamwork and we embody an inclusive company culture that rewards hard work. We value a positive attitude and a belief in doing things right.
How to Apply?
If you wish to be considered for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to Nichole Petersen.
Not looking for a career change but know someone perfect for this role? Please consider sending this job posting to them. This service coordinator position has also been posted on LinkedIn and Indeed.
Nichole joined Flow Tech in 2013 as Director of Marketing. She leads our marketing communication initiatives including content marketing development, coordinating events and training, maintaining our digital presence and recruiting, as well as, some business development and office support. Nichole resides in Vernon with her husband Brian and son Roman. She enjoys hosting parties, cooking and lounging on the beach.