The 2017 ASHRAE Winter Conference and AHR Expo will be held in Las Vegas, NV from January 28-February 1, 2017! If you’re planning on attending you must be looking forward to the hundreds of seminars and product showcases, networking opportunities and visiting the exhibit show floor with the 2,000+ exhibits. To help you get the most out of your trip, below are all the details including a list of our exhibiting manufacturers to stop by and discuss their solutions in person, a list of their hospitality events that week, official show vendors and more!
ASHRAE Winter Conference
3570 Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Saturday, January 28, 2017
Sunday, January 29, 2017
Monday, January 30, 2017
Tuesday, January 31, 2017
Wednesday, February 1, 2017
- Advance registration fees until Dec. 22 / $555 member/ $765 non-member / $530 first-time member attendee/ $740 first-time non-member attendee / $145 Life Member
- Full registration fees from Dec. 23-Feb. 1 / $690 member/ $900 non-member / $655 first-time member attendee/ $875 first-time non-member attendee / $155 Life Member / $270 member one-day fee/ $320 non-member one-day fee
- Registration fees for speakers, student branch advisors and students / $135 speaker / $25 student branch advisor / $25 student member/$55 full-time student non-member
The conference is looking to focus on some new tracks that address changes in technology…
- Water-Energy Nexus track: highlights research in this area and also explores technologies and designs intended to reduce the gap between energy and water efficiency.
- Advances in Mission Critical Design and Operation: highlights developments in mission critical facilities and the challenges of meeting increasing load demands while minimizing the impact on energy and water usage.
- Climate Change and Its Effects on HVAC&R Design and Technologies: focuses on methods to increase building resiliency and facilitate climate adaptation.
- Energy Efficient Industrial Buildings and Life Safety: spotlights energy efficiency in industrial buildings and how it can be achieved without compromising life safety conditions.
- In addition to these new tracks, the conference plans to facilitate programs on Fundamentals and Applications, HVAC&R Systems and Equipment, Commercial and Industrial IAQ, and Building Operation and Performance: Meeting the Modeling Expectations.
New this year is the Personal Scheduler, which allows users to create their own itinerary for the conference by selecting programs to attend, skip, or read about later. Search or browse events, create your schedule, check it for conflicts, record notes, and sync to your mobile device just before the conference.
Learn about new technologies and earn continuing education credit when you participate in ASHRAE Learning Institute (ALI) courses offered at the 2017 ASHRAE Winter Conference and AHR Expo. The schedule of courses includes five Seminar and 15 Short Courses. New Seminars include Cogeneration from the Basics through Construction & Operation; Complying with Standard 90.1-2016; and Complying with the Requirements of Standard 62.1-2016. New Short Courses include New ASHRAE-Classified Refrigerants to Meet Society’s Changing Needs; Variable Refrigerant Flow Design and Application; Complying with Standard 90.1-2016 Appendix G; and Design of Affordable and Efficient Ground Source Heat Pump Systems.
Elevate your reputation among peers, in the workplace and among clients with an ASHRAE certification. Recognized by over 30 national, state and local government bodies – and with over 2,400 certifications earned – ASHRAE certifications increasingly have become the must-have credential for built-environment professionals.
The International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition (AHR Expo), which began more than 85 years ago as a heating and ventilation show, has now grown into one of the world’s largest HVACR events. The Exposition is held annually in key markets and major cities across the U.S., hosting close to 2,000 exhibitors and bringing in crowds of 60,000 industry professionals. The Show provides a unique forum for the HVACR community to come together and share new products, technologies, and ideas. The event is co-sponsored by ASHRAE and AHRI, and is held concurrently with ASHRAE’s Winter Conference.
Las Vegas Convention Center
3150 Paradise Road
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Dates and Hours
Monday, January 30, 2017 – 10 AM to 6 PM
Tuesday, January 31, 2017 – 10 AM to 6 PM
Wednesday, February 1, 2017 – 10 AM to 4 PM
Flow Tech Manufacturers’ Booths
ABB, Inc., booth #C2116
Air Monitor Corporation, #C1352
ebm-papst Inc., booth #C4528
Heat Pipe Technology, Inc., booth #C5435
Steril-Aire, booth #C5703
TOXALERT™ International, Inc., booth #C1700
VAW Systems Ltd., booth #N9017
Fun & Networking
Flow Tech Manufacturers’ Hospitality Events
Sunday, January 29th
- Air Enterprises / House of Blues Mandalay Bay, 3950 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89119 / 6:00 PM
Monday, January 30th
- TAMCO Hospitality Party / Flemings Steakhouse, Town Square Las Vegas, 6515 Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89119 / 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- ABB HVAC / The Joint located inside the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 4455 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89169 / 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM
These events require an RSVP. If you’re interested in attending please contact Nichole Petersen, firstname.lastname@example.org to get signed up.
ASHRAE Hospitality Events
Saturday, January 28th:
- ASHRAE Welcome Party / Caesars Palace / 7:15 to 11 PM / $75 – includes food and two drink tickets, celebration of the Chinese New Year (Year of the Rooster)
Sunday, January 29th:
- Young Engineers in ASHRAE / Caesars Palace / 4 to 6 PM / For members 35 years and younger, light refreshments, networking
Monday, January 30th:
- Meet and Greet / Caesars Palace / 9:30 Am to 11 AM / Free to meet Mark Hall-Patton – museum administrator and frequent guest star on Pawn Stars
- President’s Luncheon / Caesars Palace / 12 to 2 PM ? $65 – includes lunch / 2016-2017 President Tim Wentz provides an update on his presidential theme
Tuesday, January 31st:
- Life Members Luncheon / Caesars Palace / 11:30 to 1:30 PM / Free and only for people age 65+, or whom have completed 30 years of service
- Members’ Night Out / Caesars Palace / 7:15 to 11 PM / $75 – dinner and dancing to Love Shack and 1980’s cover band
Hoover Dam: Sunday, January 29th / 9 AM to 1:30 PM / $65
Spring Preserves Archaeological History Tour: Monday, January 30th / 2:30 PM to 5 PM / $55
El Segundo Sol Cooking Demonstration: Tuesday, January 31st / 8:45 AM to 12:15 PM / $140 (includes lunch and 2 alcoholic beverages)
Quirky Las Vegas City Tour: Tuesday, January 31st / 9 AM to 2:30 PM / $120
Wayne Newton’s Casa De Shenandoah: Tuesday, January 31st / 1 PM to 5:30 PM / $85
Show Shuttle Buses
Free shuttle bus service will operate between the LVCC and Official Show Hotels (or points nearby) on Show days, January 30-February 1. The shuttle will be available in the Fall. During the show, schedules will also be posted in hotel lobbies with times and exact pick-up locations.
Housing and Room Blocks
The Headquarters Hotel is Caesars Palace, located at 3570 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109. A limited number of rooms at Caesars Palace may still be available at the group rate of $180 + tax and resort fee ($190 + tax and resort fee on Friday and Saturday nights).
Delta (between 2% and 20% off)
Reservations and ticketing are available via www.delta.com/meeting. Select Book Your Flight and this will bring you to the Book A Flight page. Enter the meeting code NMNA8 in the box provided.
Reservations can also be made by calling Delta’s Meeting Reservations at 800-328-1111, Mon-Fri, 7am-7pm (CDT).
*Please note that there is a direct ticketing fee for booking through the reservation number above.
Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada
RTC Transit provides service from McCarran International Airport (LAS) station for a $2 one-way fare to and from the airport. For more information regarding airport routes and transit, visit http://www.rtcsnv.com/transit/getting-to-mccarran-airport/
SuperShuttle is offering 10% discounted rides to and from McCarran International Airport. To take advantage of the discount, click on www.supershuttle.com, select McCarran Airport and then enter the discount code HGWTD.
Official Rental Car
Visit Hertz, or call 1-800-654-2240 (in the U.S. and Canada) or 1-405-749-4434 (International)
Use discount code CV# 02H20023
See more details, including rates HERE
We hope you can make it to Vegas. Mike Davis will be representing Flow Tech, Inc. in Vegas this year. If you can’t attend one of the hospitality parties, he encourages you to meet up with him some other time during the week, 860.685.0062, or email@example.com. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Nichole joined Flow Tech in 2013 as Director of Marketing. She leads our marketing communication initiatives including content marketing development, coordinating events and training, maintaining our digital presence and recruiting, as well as, some business development and office support. Nichole resides in Vernon with her husband Brian and son Roman. She enjoys hosting parties, cooking and lounging on the beach.